A new telemedicine service has been launched in the Italian region of Umbria for patients with multiple sclerosis at home using video based consultations.
MEYTEC, the technological partner, provided their MEYDOC® solution for the aftercare at home by hospital doctors. Patients can use the free MEYDOC® Client App on the private smartphones and tablet PCs without compromise. Medics can use Windows® software MEYDOC® Master, which can also enable multipoint sessions with up to 16 concurrent participants. The new service will provide telemedicine care for up to 300 patients in the region.
What is MEYDOC®?
MEYDOC® is a software solution for secure point-to-point/multipoint video based communication in medicine and nursing care. MEYDOC® is easy to use and the video, as well as audio quality, is very good. The following features distinguish MEYDOC® and provide the necessary flexibility and reassuring security, during uncertain times:
- True (server-independent) point-to-point video communication
- Guaranteed availability, e.g. in the event of simultaneous use in peak times
- End-to-end encrypted communication with up to 16 participants
- End-to-end authentication of users (unique digital signature)
- Low infrastructure requirements with disproportionately high performance potential
- Uncomplicated contactless launch, i.e. per remote
- Fast start with secure video communication
- Central administration of contacts (PIN generation)
- Effective management of large customer bases
- Data transfer via encrypted connection
- Interactive collaboration between doctors:
- Application sharing
- Remote control
- Instant chat
- Customizable e-mail template for inviting new contacts
- Concurrent user licensing model without time or workload limitations
- Free app for Android and iOS-enabled mobile devices for patients
Typical use cases
- Consultations between specialists
- Consultations between GP’s and specialists in private practice
- Consultations between GP’s or specialists in private practice with hospital doctors
- Case conferences between treating physicians
- Consultation between doctor and patient
If you would like to learn more about MEYDOC® please visit meydoc.de
You can contact us via e-mail or give us a call on To understand how we can best support you.